Last year on 12/12/12 I wrote this. Unfortunately there is no such date as 13/13/13 so 19/12/13 shall have to suffice for me to recap on the 13 biggest (baddest, bestest and saddest) things to happen in 2013.
1. We got married! Yay!
2. I left a job where I was being bullied and harassed by management and started a new job where I’m treated with kindness and respect by my superiors (let me tell ya what a difference that has made to my self esteem)
3. I took part in and finished my very first Half Iron Man!
5. My mom in law suffered a stroke and pulled through like an absolute champ.
6. I had my heart broken by a friend and learnt how to pick myself up and carry on (sort of)
7. I came 2nd in a night-trail race and beat my PB by 3 minutes.
8. I learnt how to forgive and forget past hurts
9. I changed my surname. Rankin Rankin Rankin (Apparently the more I say it the quicker I will get used to hearing it)
10. Our beloved ‘Tata’ Mandela passed away and caused the entire world to become proudly South African.
11. My brother got married and I gained a new sister and her fabulous family.
12. I landed a huge voice over and TV deal
13. I gained some new friends who I cant ever imagine my life without.
To everyone who has made this year the rollercoaster ride that it was – thank you.
What are your Top 13 of 2013?