I’m writing this from a PC.
For those who know me, that’s a mighty big statement considering I haven’t used one of these things in over 10 years. I hate it. I’m going to try and embrace it, but that still doesn’t mean I’m going to enjoy this transition. Consider this my disclaimer for any spelling errors which may occur. This silver trackpad from hell has a mind of it’s own.
That aside, I spent 5 days last week at my parent s bush house in Mabalingwe. I had resigned from my job and had a few days in which to unwind and de-stress before the new gig (hence the PC)
Highlights of the weekend defintely included
1. My mothers face when my future father in-law arrived with 2 cases of beer. For 2 days
2. Watching ‘In the Womb’ with my parents. I don’t care how old you are, watching two golden retrievers do the jiggy is always going to be awkward
2b. Knowing my mother is going to read this post.
3. The pack of mice chewing through the tool box. And the tools
4. My father screeching to a halt in the game vehicle next to a spitting cobra, then gently playing with it with his cap to help me get a decent photo.
5. Mom and Dad reminding me at every opportunity just how lazy/forgetful/messy I was at 12. I think they forget I’m a bit older now.
6. The 2 sets of inlaws bonding over beer, braais and brandewyn