Just in case you’ve been hiding under a rock – today is 12/12/12 and the next time we have such a matchy-matchy date we will all be dead.
This date also means we are 12 days away from Christmas and 19 days away from 2013. So, I thought this was as good a time as any to recap on the year that was, and summarise 12 big things (some good, some bad) that happened in my year.
1) I ran and finished my first Two Oceans Half marathon
2) Two of my best friends got married
3) My blog made a profit! (Yay)
4) My brother got engaged
5) I got engaged
6) We lost a vibrant friend
7) I took part in, and finished, my first 94.7 cycle challenge
8) I took part in, and finished my first Triathlon
9) We got Bella AKA ‘Pig’ our second addition to the furmily. (Who subsequently got bitten by a puffadder, put us through weeks of stress and sadness and has pulled through like a champ!)
10) I lost a dear, kind, wonderful Uncle
11) My Fiance ran and completed his first Comrades (in under 9 hours let me tell you!)
12) I made some fabulous new friends, and removed some not so fabulous ones from my life
What were the highlights, and lowlights of your 2012?