I’ve been craving cupcakes for a few weeks, and on Saturday I decided to make vanilla cupcakes with a twist. I made the basic mix then added in several crushed Oreo cookies – the result was rather delicious.
Vanilla cake recipe :
1 box Oreo cookies
2 cups sugar
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 ¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line two 23cm round cake pans or one 23 x 33 cm rectangular baking pan with wax paper. Grease the paper and the sides of the pan well.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs together until slightly thickened – about one minute.
- Add crushed Oreos, sifted flour, milk, oil, baking powder and vanilla essence, and beat for another minute – just until the batter is smooth and creamy. Don’t overbeat. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan(s).
- Bake in muffin pans preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the tops are golden and a toothpick poked into the centre of the layer comes out clean.
- I used a pre-made icing and sprinkled crushed Oreos on top.